This morning, the Chinese manufacturing company announced its upcoming flagship smartphone which will sport a super-giant 5.9-inch touchscreen capable of full HD - 1920 by 1080 pixels, DTS Inc.'s (DTSI) multi-channel audio support and will run on Microsoft's (MSFT) latest mobile OS - Windows Phone 8.
But, not much else is known about the device. If true, this would be the most amazing Windows Phone being made by anyone, anywhere. And, it would certainly give a big boost to Microsoft's struggling Windows smartphone ecosystem.
If you take a close look at the photo from the Chinese Website Weibo, you will notice that we only get to see the back of the device. Upon further inspection, you realize that the Windows Phone logo is the old one - no longer in use. And, that 1920 by 1080 resolution, while sounding amazing, is not supported by Windows Phone 8.But, if ZTE can actually produce a Windows smartphone so advanced, it might attract buyers who want to own just one mobile device - a small tablet that also functions as a smartphone as well. It could give all Google (GOOG) Android OS-based devices a run for their money too. --Written by Gary Krakow in New York. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV