Rackspace reported third-quarter earnings of 19 cents per share on $335.9 million in revenue. Wall Street analysts polled by Thomson Reuters were expecting 19 cents per share on $335 million in revenue.
Stifel Nicolaus raised its price target on the stock to $80 from $65 following the report though, saying it believes Rackspace will continue to grow at a 25% clip for the next few years.
The stock was down nearly 6% to $62.15 in recent trades.
Apple (AAPL) shares were losing more than 3% as concerns about future product innovation at the company weighed on the stock. Apple has delivered the largest product refresh in its history in 2012, updating the iPhone, the iPad twice, announcing a slew of new Macs, and coming out with the iPad mini as it seeks to gobble up tablet market share. The stock was off $18.70 at $561.50 in afternoon action.
Shares of American Tower (AMT) and other wireless tower stocks were surging following news that AT&T (T) plans to invest $14 billion in its network build-out over the next three years. The Dow component plans to allocated $8 billion toward wireless initiatives and $6 billion toward its wireline infrastructure. American Tower shares were tacking on more than 2% to $75.58. Other tower stocks, such as SBA Communications (SBAC) and Crown Castle International (CCI) were also rising on the news. Interested in more on American Tower? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV