AKRON, Ohio, Nov. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- FirstEnergy Solutions announced that Elyria City Schools is receiving $50,000 as part of its Thanks a Million giveaway, an opportunity for residents and businesses throughout Ohio to win cash prizes and secure a low electric generation price for four or seven years. All eligible Ohio residents and businesses that enrolled in a FirstEnergy Solutions electric generation offer between August 1, 2012, and October 31, 2012, were automatically entered into the giveaway.
"This is a very generous donation from FirstEnergy Solutions," said Paul Rigda, superintendent of the Elyria City School District. "Contributions from our business partners in Elyria not only help us to meet our goal of providing an excellent education to students attending the Elyria Schools, but also send a strong message to the community that FirstEnergy Solutions supports education as a way to strengthen the community we both serve."
"As an Ohio-based company, FirstEnergy Solutions is committed to helping ensure the people and businesses in this state continue to thrive, which is why we created our Thanks a Million giveaway," said Trent Smith, vice president of Sales & Marketing for FirstEnergy Solutions. "It's a good boost to our economy and it directly benefits eight Ohio school districts with much-needed funding."
In total, eight businesses will win $50,000 each, eight residents will win $25,000 each, and FirstEnergy Solutions will give $50,000 to each residential winner's local school district to use however they see fit.FirstEnergy Solutions is also making long-term fixed price offers available to residents and businesses interested in locking in an electric generation price for four or seven years.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV