- Use the purchasing power of Public Works and Government Services Canada to kick start demand for existing and emerging forest products - from building materials to biofuels to pharmaceuticals- all products that have graduated from the innovation development process.
- Take action to increase the number of skilled tradespeople, particularly through immigration reform and efforts to engage Aboriginals and women in non-traditional roles. This will help the forest products sector reach its goal of recruiting 60,000 new employees by 2020.
- Permanently extend the Accelerated Capital Coast Allowance provisions for manufacturing equipment to help attract capital and encourage first-of-kind commercial applications of technology.
- Broaden access to the Scientific Research and Experimental Development tax credit program
- Continue to adequately fund Canada's research agencies such as FPInnovations.
- Take action to fix a monopolistic rail system that is resulting in high rates and poor service and impacting our ability to be competitive and service emerging markets.
Forest Sector Requests Ongoing Support For Industry On The Move
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts