Thanks to U.S. Bank, signing up to be a bell ringer for The Salvation Army this holiday season will be as easy as sending a text.
A longtime supporter of The Salvation Army, U.S. Bank donated the time of one of its iPhone application designers to create a special volunteer application (“app”) for bell ringers. The goal of the new tool is to help the organization meet its goal of filling 120,000 one-hour time slots available at 400 kettles across the Twin Cities.
The iPhone app will provide users with the ability to learn about the logistics of being a bell ringer, sign up for a volunteer time slot, learn about The Salvation Army and contact the organization.
U.S. Bank will match each free download with a $1 donation to The Salvation Army for up to 1,000 downloads. The app is currently available for download through the iTunes App Store.The Salvation Army’s bell ringing season begins with a kick-off event on Saturday, November 10. “U.S. Bank is proud to partner with The Salvation Army,” said Elliot Jaffee, Twin Cities market president with U.S. Bank. “In addition to supporting The Salvation Army through our many volunteer efforts and financial contributions, this is a fun, unique way that U.S. Bank can support this organization and give back to the Twin Cities community.” “This gift is amazing,” said Major Jeff Strickler, Salvation Army Twin Cities Commander. “It fits perfectly in our strategy to connect to a younger audience and to advance in the social network sphere. What we love even more is that this technical support comes hand in hand with volunteer engagement which is what makes The Salvation Army an army of compassion.” Cevat Incedayi, lead user experience developer at. U.S. Bank; Julie Kuepers, U.S. Bank risk content manager; and Victoria George, online marketing manager all donated their time to create the Salvation Army volunteer app.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV