Barclays announced that in response to the unprecedented damage caused by Hurricane Sandy, the firm has committed $1.5 million in support of disaster recovery efforts. The funds will be allocated by providing $500,000 for emergency relief and $1 million for long-term recovery and economic reconstruction efforts.
“The impact of Hurricane Sandy has been devastating,” said Antony Jenkins, Chief Executive of Barclays. “With more than 10,000 employees living and working in the tri-state area, we are committed to the relief and restoration of the communities affected by this storm. As the Northeast moves into the recovery stage, we will provide all the assistance we can, both in economic aid and by coordinating volunteer opportunities for our colleagues.”
The firm’s pledged relief will include:
$500,000 for immediate relief investments
- $100,000 to the Hurricane Sandy New Jersey Relief Fund
- $100,000 to New York Cares’ Hurricane Sandy Disaster Response
- $100,000 to the American Red Cross, of which $50,000 will be designated for the American Red Cross in Greater New York and $50,000 will be designated for the American Red Cross of Northern New Jersey
- $100,000 to The Robin Hood Foundation’s Hurricane Sandy Relief Fund
- $50,000 to City Harvest’s Hurricane Sandy efforts
- $25,000 to Brooklyn Community Foundation’s Brooklyn Recovery Fund
- $25,000 to Food Bank for New York City’s Hurricane Sandy efforts
- $500,000 to The Mayor’s Fund to Advance New York City for small business restoration and support
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV