WASHINGTON, Nov. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- It's the day after the Presidential election and Americans are waking up this morning asking themselves, 'what happens next in Washington? ' In an exclusive report just released http://www.cassidy.com/blog/328/, WASHINGTON, After the Election, the public policy experts of Cassidy & Associates have mapped out detailed next steps lawmakers and key decision makers on Capitol Hill will make in the lameduck session of Congress and into next year.
"This is the result of our team investing quality time over the past months through discussions with top Leadership aides to monitoring movements and political developments of the Presidential and Congressional campaign," said Cassidy CEO Gerald S.J. Cassidy.
"The political power structure that emerges from last night's election will ultimately affect the policy outcomes on Capitol Hill. Policy stakeholders can shape those outcomes, but only if they are fully engaged and recognize that managing their Washington risk has never been more important."
The report affirms Cassidy's outlook in its executive summary:The re-election of Barack Obama as President of the United States and the lack of significant change in the balance of power in the Senate and House, combined with the ongoing economic crisis and a perceived national mandate for change, offers great potential for a productive lame duck session. While President Obama and his new team will need to make choices over which initiatives will receive priority in the 113 th Congress, all indications are that the Obama Administration will ambitiously pursue its agenda in the upcoming weeks. President Obama and Congressional Democrats will likely view the election results as an endorsement of their positions and will move forward aggressively to address the looming fiscal cliff, tax extenders, sequestration and a myriad of other issues. Of particular note are the following critical policy issues that are expected to be on the table before the end of the 112 th Congress:
- Changes to the existing continuing resolution/ FY 2012 appropriations agreements
- Expiring Tax Provisions/ "Fiscal Cliff"
- Defense Authorization
- Medicare's Sustainable Growth Rate ( Doc Fix)
- Farm Bill
- Russia Trade
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV