OSC Announces New Members To Its Executive Management Team
TORONTO, Nov. 7, 2012 /CNW/ - The Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) has welcomed new members to its Executive Management Team, which is providing strong leadership in implementing the strategic direction of the OSC as a proactive, agile and vigilant securities regulator.
- Eleanor Farrell has joined the OSC as the Director of its new Office of the Investor, having previously worked at the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board and in private practice at Osler, Hoskin and Harcourt LLP.
- Debra Foubert returns to the OSC as Director, Compliance and Registrant Regulation. Previously, she was Associate Vice President, Compliance, at TD Bank Financial Group. In 2010, Ms. Foubert led the initial development of the OSC Derivatives Branch while on secondment from TD Bank Financial Group.
- H.R. (Harold) Goss has joined the OSC as Director, Corporate Services. Most recently, Mr. Goss served as Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer at the Ontario Realty Corporation.
- Huston Loke has joined the OSC as Director, Corporate Finance. Mr. Loke brings a deep understanding of capital markets, including derivatives and other complex instruments, from his previous experience at DBRS Limited.
In addition, Jill Homenuk was promoted to Director, Communications and Public Affairs, from her previous position as Senior Manager, Communications. Leslie Byberg accepted a new position as Director, Strategy and Risk, to lead the development of internal capacity in risk management and strategic development. She previously served as Director, Corporate Finance.
"Our Executive Management Teams brings a wealth of experience, technical expertise and talent to the OSC as it responds to the challenge of regulating complex, interconnected capital markets in the best interests of investors and market participants," said Maureen Jensen, Executive Director. "The new executives will help build on the strengths of our existing management team as we work together in important areas such as investor engagement, policy development, compliance oversight, risk analysis and the OSC's commitment to being an attractive, modern, high-performing workplace."
An organization chart with the full executive team of the OSC is available on the OSC website.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV