ATLANTA, Nov. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Aaron's, Inc. (NYSE: AAN), a leader in the sales and lease ownership and specialty retailing of residential furniture, consumer electronics and home appliances and accessories, today announced that its quarterly dividend rate has been raised to $.017 per share.
The Board of Directors of Aaron's, Inc. declared a quarterly cash dividend of $.017 per share on Common Stock, payable January 4, 2013 to shareholders of record as of the close of business on December 3, 2012. This is an increase of 13.3% from the previous quarterly dividend of $.015 per share.
"This is our seventh consecutive year of increasing the quarterly dividend rate," said Ronald W. Allen, President and Chief Executive Officer. "This dividend increase is a result of Aaron's growth and financial performance, and we continue to be quite optimistic on the future prospects for the Company."
Aaron's, Inc., based in Atlanta, currently has more than 2,009 Company-operated and franchised stores in 48 states and Canada. The Company also manufactures furniture and bedding at 14 facilities in eight states."Safe Harbor" Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: Statements in this news release regarding Aaron's, Inc.'s business that are not historical facts are "forward-looking statements" that involve risks and uncertainties which could cause actual results to differ materially from those contained in the forward-looking statements. These risks and uncertainties include factors such as changes in general economic conditions, competition, pricing, customer demand and other issues, and the risks and uncertainties discussed under "Risk Factors" in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2011. Statements in this release that are "forward-looking" include without limitation Aaron's potential future growth and financial performance. SOURCE Aaron's, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV