Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE:TMO), the world leader in serving science, today announced that Klaus Lindpaintner, MD, MPH, and Edison T. Liu, MD, have joined its Scientific Advisory Board. The board was created in 2010 to formalize the two-way exchange of technological information between the company and representatives from some of the world’s premier centers of health, science and education.
Dr. Lindpaintner became an internal member of the Scientific Advisory Board after recently joining Thermo Fisher in the newly created role of chief scientific officer, analytical technologies. In this highly strategic position, Dr. Lindpaintner will look for opportunities to maximize the impact of the company’s leading portfolio of analytical technologies by assessing the evolving needs of the global life sciences industry.
“I’m pleased to welcome Klaus to our company,” said Marc N. Casper, president and chief executive officer of Thermo Fisher. “In these roles, Klaus will help us accelerate our long-term growth by looking for new opportunities to leverage our unique depth of capabilities in analytical technologies, ensuring a homogenous approach to our R&D efforts and raising Thermo Fisher’s profile as the innovation leader in our industry.”
Dr. Lindpaintner holds Bachelor of Science and Medical Doctorate degrees from the University of Innsbruck in Austria, and a Master of Public Health degree from Harvard University. He served as a Roche Distinguished Scientist and director of the Roche Center for Medical Genomics, as well as global head of molecular medicine policy and external affairs for F. Hoffman-La Roche AG. Most recently, Dr. Lindpaintner was the chief scientific officer and vice president of research and development at Strategic Diagnostics Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV