Discover Financial Services remains on the top of the list for best in identity fraud resolution among the top U.S. credit card issuers for the third year in a row, according to Javelin Strategy & Research's annual assessment of identity safety in the credit card industry.
Javelin’s Eighth Annual Card Issuers’ Safety Scorecard evaluated the top 20 card issuers in the categories of identity fraud prevention, detection and resolution based on data gathered in a Javelin survey. The survey evaluated the consumer-facing protective features available on the issuer’s website and supplied by the issuer’s customer service representatives.
"Resolving credit card fraud is one of the most important protections card issuers can provide their customers,” said James Panzarino, chief credit risk officer for Discover. “Consumers are sensitive to the services being provided when they feel their money is being compromised. Discover takes pride in creating a seamless resolution experience that provides our cardmembers peace of mind.”
Javelin, a leading independent provider of financial services research and analysis, assessed Discover’s excellence in resolution based on the following criteria: availability of identity fraud resolution information, zero liability for unauthorized transactions and toll-free/collect phone numbers for lost cards in a foreign country.Available security features for Discover cardmembers include:
- $0 Fraud Liability Guarantee (cardmembers are never responsible for unauthorized charges)
- Proactive account monitoring for suspicious activity
- Fraud alerts via phone, e-mail or text
- Dedicated fraud specialists
- Paperless statements
- Fraud prevention education tips
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts