JERUSALEM, November 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Oramed Pharmaceuticals Inc. (OTCBB: ORMP; www.oramed.com), a developer of oral delivery systems, announced today that results of a study performed using its oral insulin formulation, ORMD-0801, have been accepted for presentation at the 12th Annual Diabetes Technology Society Meeting. The abstract, titled "Concomitant oral and subcutaneous insulin therapy toward stabilization of uncontrolled T1DM," will be presented by Oramed's Chief Scientific Officer, Dr. Miriam Kidron, during the poster session being held from 4pm to 6:30pm (EST), on Thursday, November 8th. The meeting will take place at the Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center.
Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus (T1DM), formerly known as juvenile diabetes, affects both young and adult populations. T1DM makes up approximately 5-10% of diabetes cases, and approximately $2 billion of the estimated $15 billion global insulin market. In this form of the disease, an autoimmune reaction destroys the body's insulin-producing cells in the pancreas making its patients completely dependent upon insulin from an external source.
T1DM is occasionally associated with instability and unpredictability of glycemic readings, resulting in poor control of blood sugar. In severe cases, this condition has a disruptive impact on patient quality of life, due to inadequate clinical solutions. The study to be presented at the Diabetes Technology Society Meeting, and conducted in 2010, evaluated the safety and stabilizing potential of concomitant oral and subcutaneous insulin therapy in volunteers diagnosed with unstable T1DM. Concomitant administration of Oramed's oral insulin formulation, ORMD-0801, and subcutaneous insulin proved safe and well tolerated. In addition, support with ORMD-0801 led to more frequent blood glucose readings within the healthy range (< 70 mg/dL) and to fewer readings within the high-risk zone (> 200 mg/dL).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV