BELLEVUE, Wash., PARIS, LONDON and MUNICH, Nov. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Egencia®, the corporate travel division of the Expedia, Inc. group (NASDAQ: EXPE), today kicked-off a company-wide celebration marking its 10 th year as one of the world's leading travel management companies while reconfirming the company's vision for the business travel marketplace in the next 10 years and beyond.
"November 2012 marks our first decade as a company , and what a decade it's been," said Rob Greyber, President, Egencia. "We are privileged to help millions of business travelers, to serve thousands of companies in countries around the world, and to partner with leading suppliers of air, hotel, car, and rail services. Along the way, we've built a dynamic organization that's changed how corporate travel is viewed and managed in every conceivable way. Today marks a major milestone, and it also presents an opportunity to look to the future to define our role in leading the transformation of our industry."
The rapid emergence of Egencia into the marketplace long dominated by traditional travel management companies fundamentally shifted how companies viewed their corporate travel programs. Prior to Egencia, business travel was largely booked by calling an agent on the phone and using paper tickets. Egencia redefined that model by combining innovative technology with local travel agent support. This allowed companies and travelers alike to rethink how they approach their travel program and turn it into an asset within their organization.
"We give our customers solutions that travelers want to use," said Greyber. "Clients look at what's possible in consumer travel and ask "why not here?" That's unique—combining the best elements of the Expedia® family of leisure brands with a decade of understanding the complexity of corporate travel—it makes us exceptionally positioned to lead and deliver value for our customers everywhere."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV