The San Antonio, Texas.-based company reported revenue and profit in line with Wall Street's expectations, although investors were unimpressed by the numbers.
Rackspace shares were down 2.24% to $64.6 before market open.
Facebook (FB) was another laggard, down 1.71% to $20.81 before market open. The social networking phenomenon was also one of the most active premarket Nasdaq stocks on share volume of 256,004.Sirius XM (SIRI) shares were off 0.73% to $2.79 on share volume of 548,037. Apple (AAPL) was also down in premarket trading on Wednesday, slipping 1.07% to $574 on share volume of 193,588. On Tuesday, the tech giant was told to pay $368.2 million to VirnetX (VHC), according to media reports. A federal jury ruled that Apple infringed VirnetX patents for VPN technology related to the company's FaceTime offering, Bloomberg reported. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV