OAKLAND, Calif., Nov. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Pandora (NYSE: P), the leading internet radio service, announced today new metrics that were reached in the month of October 2012.
- Listener hours for Pandora during the month of October 2012 were 1.25 billion, an increase of 65% from 754 million during the same period last year.
- Share of total U.S. radio listening for Pandora in October 2012 was 6.55%, an increase from 4.27% at the same time last year.
- Active listeners were 59.2 million at the end of October 2012, an increase of 47% from 40.3 million during the same time period last year.
Pandora is releasing key audience metrics on a monthly basis to provide the most current information regarding Pandora's users and usage across platforms. Because Pandora calculates radio market share using a seven-day trailing period as of the end of the month, this figure was temporarily suppressed by the effect of Hurricane Sandy. As of October 24, 2012, the company's market share was 6.75%.
ABOUT PANDORAPandora (NYSE: P) gives people music and comedy they love anytime, anywhere, through connected devices. Personalized stations launch instantly with the input of a single "seed" - a favorite artist, song or genre. The Music Genome Project ®, a deeply detailed hand-built musical taxonomy, powers the personalization of Pandora ® internet radio by using musicological "DNA" and constant listener feedback to craft personalized stations from a growing collection of hundreds of thousands of recordings. Tens of millions of people turn on Pandora every month to hear music they love. www.pandora.comSOURCE Pandora
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV