- Total revenues increased to $74.4 million from $13.2 million in the third quarter of 2011, primarily due to the operations at seven Refined Coal (“RC”) facilities four of which were leased to third parties and RC sales from the portion of the seven facilities operational during the third quarter that were operated by Clean Coal Solutions, LLC (“Clean Coal”) for its own account.
- Gross margin was $4.0 million, or 5% of revenues, compared to $7.2 million, or 54% of revenues, for the same period in 2011, due to the impact of RC sales, raw coal purchases and operating costs related to the RC facilities operated by Clean Coal for its own account in the 2012 third quarter. Excluding the impact of RC coal sales, raw coal purchases and operating costs from these RC facilities, gross margin in the third quarter of 2012 was 80%.
- Operating loss was $3.3 million, compared to operating income of $3.5 million for the third quarter of 2011 due to approximately $8 million in operating costs related to the RC facilities operated for Clean Coal’s account.
- Pre-tax loss from continuing operations before non-controlling interest was $4.1 million from a loss of $1.6 million in the third quarter of 2011 due to ADA’s share of those same costs, interest expense and royalties.
- Net loss was $3.9 million compared to a restated net loss of $4.6 million in the same period last year.
- Clean Coal generated $16.1 million in tax credits from the operations of RC facilities for its own account, 42.5% of which is allocated to ADA.
- Cash and cash equivalents were $17.5 million at September 30, 2012.
ADA-ES Reports Third Quarter 2012 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.