RealD Inc. (NYSE: RLD), a leading global licensor of 3D technologies and the world’s most widely used 3D cinema technology, announced today that it has been selected by Warner Bros. Pictures, New Line Cinema and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures (MGM), and Academy Award-winning director Peter Jackson to be the 3D technology provider for the world premiere of “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.” Taking place on November 28, 2012, at the Embassy Theater in Wellington, New Zealand, the highly anticipated film premiere will be presented in RealD High Frame Rate 3D (HFR 3D). RealD will also provide its award-winning 3D technology for the 65 th Royal Film Performance™ featuring “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey” on December 12, 2012, at the Odeon Leicester Square in London.
Jackson stated, "I'm delighted that RealD are helping us present ‘The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey’ with the best possible picture quality around the world. Their commitment to developing technology that improves the 3D cinema experience has my full support.”
“Peter Jackson is a visionary filmmaker who has a keen understanding of how advanced technology can blend with storytelling to enhance a movie-goer's experience,” said Michael V. Lewis, Chairman and CEO of RealD. “This is one of the most highly anticipated films of the year and we look forward to such an extraordinary movie making its debut in bright, realistic and immersive RealD 3D.”
“The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey”-themed limited edition, collectible RealD 3D glasses will be provided to attendees at each premiere. Set in a movie-themed dark green color and featuring movie branding, the sure to be in demand eyewear will also be available to moviegoers exclusively in select RealD 3D equipped theatres worldwide beginning opening weekend of the film’s release. RealD 3D glasses are lightweight, recyclable and sealed in individual packaging to ensure they are sanitary and of high quality.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV