SAN JOSE, Calif., Nov. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Altera Corporation (NASDAQ: ALTR) announced that Shane Robison has joined the company's board of directors, effective November 7, 2012. Mr. Robison served most recently as executive vice president, chief technology officer and chief strategy officer for HP from 2002 to 2011. Additionally, during his 32-year career, Mr. Robison held senior executive leadership positions in product development and business management with world-leading technology companies, including AT&T Labs, Cadence Design Systems and Apple.
"Shane's strong background in leading organizations dedicated to global innovation is a tremendous addition to the Altera board of directors," said John Daane, Altera president, CEO and chairman.
"The company's ability to stay at the forefront of its sector for nearly three decades is impressive," said Mr. Robison. "I look forward to working with the board members to assist Altera with continuing to thrive in a highly competitive global marketplace."Mr. Robison holds a Master of Science degree and a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science from the University of Utah. About Altera Altera® programmable solutions enable system and semiconductor companies to rapidly and cost-effectively innovate, differentiate and win in their markets. Find out more about Altera FPGA, CPLD and ASIC devices at www.altera.com. Follow Altera via Facebook, RSS and Twitter. ALTERA, ARRIA, CYCLONE, HARDCOPY, MAX, MEGACORE, NIOS, QUARTUS and STRATIX words and logos are trademarks of Altera Corporation and registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. All other words and logos identified as trademarks or service marks are the property of their respective holders as described at www.altera.com/legal. Editor Contacts: Sue Martenson Altera Corporation (408) 544-8158 email@example.com SOURCE Altera Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV