LA JOLLA, Calif., Nov. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Regulus Therapeutics Inc. ( NASDAQ: RGLS), a biopharmaceutical company leading the discovery and development of innovative medicines targeting microRNAs, announced today the appointment of Douglas E. Williams, Ph.D. to its Board of Directors. Concurrently, Stanley T. Crooke, M.D., Ph.D., Chairman of the Board and CEO of Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., and Barry E. Greene, President and Chief Operating Officer of Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc., have each stepped down from the Board of Directors and their respective Board committees.
"I want to thank Stan and Barry for their leadership and for their many contributions during the past formative years of the company. During their service on the Board, Regulus has transitioned from an up-start to an emerging publicly traded biopharmaceutical company," said John Maraganore, Ph.D., Chairman of Regulus' Board of Directors. "I would also like to welcome Doug to the Board and look forward to his contributions as we continue to build a great company."
"I also want to thank Stan and Barry for their wonderful service and many contributions to the Board," said Kleanthis G. Xanthopoulos, Ph.D., President and CEO of Regulus. "I'd also like to welcome Doug to the Board. He is a recognized biotech leader with a proven track record of more than twenty years in drug development, research and operations. Given our recently completed public offering and focus on clinical development, Doug's addition to our Board comes at the right time as we advance multiple microRNA programs toward the clinic."
"This is an exciting time to join the outstanding team at Regulus," said Dr. Williams. "Regulus is in a strong position to capture the transformative potential of microRNA therapeutics and create powerful, first-in-class medicines."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV