The Dow Chemical Company (NYSE: DOW) today announced it will donate up to $500,000 in relief efforts for the victims of Hurricane Sandy, which wreaked havoc along the U.S. East Coast last week.
“Our thoughts and concerns are with all those living along the eastern seaboard, including our employees and their families, as well as suppliers and contractors who are coping with the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy,” said Andrew N. Liveris, Dow chairman & CEO. “This storm has created significant damage with recovery efforts expected to be long-term and Dow is proud to stand together with all those who are beginning the process of rebuilding.”
Dow’s response plan consists of the following:
- A $100,000 donation to the American Red Cross National Disaster Fund;
- $150,000 in grants to local Red Cross chapters and human services providers in affected Dow communities;
- Implementation of an employee matching gift program of up to $100,000 now through the end of November. The Company will match employee gifts to the American Red Cross or any other responding organization they choose, with an additional grant to the American Red Cross National Disaster Relief Fund.
- Support for long term rebuilding needs in Dow communities with additional humanitarian, technical or product donations up to $150,000.
Dow is committed to providing resources to help people and communities in need, as a result of natural disasters. Through these efforts, Dow will assist with providing tangible and meaningful aid to the victims of Hurricane Sandy, to help rebuild their homes, their communities and their lives.In recent years, Dow has provided relief and direct rebuilding and revitalization efforts to such events as Hurricanes Katrina, Rita and Ike on the U.S. Gulf Coast, as well as tsunami and earthquakes in Asia Pacific and Haiti.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV