To top things off WCN provides container and chassis sales and leasing services to its customers. As of March 31, the company owned or operated a network of 148 solid waste collection operations, 59 transfer stations, 39 recycling operations, 46 landfills, 7 intermodal facilities and 1 exploration and production waste treatment and disposal facility. It also served approximately two million residential, commercial and industrial customers from a network of operations in 30 states in the U.S.
Its dividend is only 1.24% but that represents a payout of just 27% of WCN's earnings. That means there's plenty of money with which to increase their dividend. Their operating cash flow (over the trailing 12 months) is over $417 million and their levered free cash flow tops $230 million.
As the chart below illustrates WCN has had a nice one-year run in both their share price and their earnings per share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV