Jefferies To Hold Hurricane Sandy Relief Day Today
Jefferies announced that today is the firm’s global trading day for Hurricane Sandy Relief. Jefferies will offer investors around the world the opportunity to join efforts to assist those affected by the devastation of this event by trading with Jefferies.
As previously announced, Jefferies will donate all net trading commissions earned today from U.S., European and Asia equity, fixed income, futures, foreign exchange and commodities trading. In addition, Jefferies as a firm will donate $1 million itself directly, and all 3,814 employees worldwide will be given the opportunity to donate to the relief effort their salary for today. These contributions will be allocated to The American Red Cross and other worthy charities with the goal of immediately sending funds to relief efforts directly involved in providing aid and recovery.
"The people affected by this disaster are our families, our neighbors and our communities and we all feel their pain and suffering from Hurricane Sandy. While we know that there are sizeable relief efforts underway, it is our goal to help in this small way," commented Richard B. Handler, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Jefferies. "We encourage the support of investors around the world and offer our platform as a means to provide relief to those in need."
Jefferies Group, Inc. (NYSE: JEF), the global investment banking firm focused on serving clients for 50 years, is a leader in providing insight, expertise and execution to investors, companies and governments. The firm provides a full range of investment banking, sales, trading, research and strategy across the spectrum of equities, fixed income, foreign exchange, futures and commodities, and also select asset and wealth management strategies, in the Americas, Europe and Asia.-- end --
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV