Michigan Voters Send Strong Message: Michigan's Constitution Not For Sale, Exclaims Michigan Chamber Of Commerce
LANSING, Mich., Nov. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Michigan Chamber of Commerce issued the following statement after voters overwhelming rejected union and narrow-interest-backed ballot proposals.
"On Election Day, Michigan voters stood up against the negative campaign waged by union bosses and special interests by rejecting their attempts to hijack Michigan's constitution for their own benefit," said Rich Studley, President & CEO of the Michigan Chamber of Commerce. " Michigan union bosses squandered tens of millions of their members' dues dollars on misleading, divisive and unnecessary campaigns to line their own pockets and divide our state."
"Actions have consequences," Studley noted. "Union members across the state should be outraged over the reckless misuse of their dues dollars and demand a refund.""Defeat of Proposal 2 is a huge victory for job providers and Michigan families who have been fighting to turn our economy around and put this state back to work," noted Jim Holcomb, Senior Vice President, Business Advocacy & General Counsel for the Michigan Chamber. "We can only hope that the union bosses finally got the voters' message that Michigan's constitution isn't for sale." The Michigan Chamber of Commerce played a leadership role in the "Hands Off Our Constitution" campaign. Consistently ranked the most effective lobbying organization in Lansing, the Michigan Chamber represents approximately 6,800 employers, trade associations and local chambers of commerce across the state. Michigan Chamber member businesses provide jobs to 1.5 million residents and one of every 2.6 employees in Michigan works for a Chamber member firm. SOURCE Michigan Chamber of Commerce
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV