Emergent BioSolutions Inc. (NYSE: EBS) announced today that an abstract on its bispecific protein therapeutic targeting prostate cancer has been accepted for presentation at the 24 th Annual EORTC-NCI-AACR Symposium on Molecular Targets and Cancer Therapeutics on November 6-9, 2012 in Dublin, Ireland.
The preclinical results showed Emergent’s SCORPION TM (multi-specific protein therapeutic) molecules targeting prostate-specific membrane antigen (PSMA) and CD3 redirected T-cell cytotoxicity against PSMA-positive tumor cells and show potential for further investigation as possible therapeutic agents for treating castrate-resistant prostate cancer. T-cell engaging bispecific molecules linking anti-PSMA and anti-CD3 binding domains in the context of novel SCORPION proteins were evaluated both in vitro and in vivo for function and stability.
POSTER: Anti-Prostate Specific Membrane Antigen (PSMA) x anti-CD3 Bispecific Antibody Efficiently Redirects T Cell Cytotoxicity in Castrate-Resistant Prostate Cancer Models
|Date:||Thursday, November 8, 2012|
|Presentation Time:||12:00 PM - 2:15 PM|
|Location:||Wicklow Hall, Convention Center Dublin|
About Prostate Cancer and Bispecific TherapiesProstate cancer is the most common cancer in men. Although screening, radiation, surgery and hormone ablation therapy have greatly improved the detection and treatment of early stage prostate cancer, few options exist to treat metastatic, castrate-resistant prostate cancer. Bispecific antibody fragments that can simultaneously engage T cells and tumor cells have been shown to destroy tumor cells by redirecting the cytotoxic function of T cells.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV