NEW YORK -- Walt Disney (DIS) is slated to report its fiscal fourth-quarter results after Thursday's closing bell and analysts are calling for earnings of 68 cents a share in the September-ended period on revenue of $10.92 billion.
Goldman Sachs reiterated its buy rating on Disney shares this week and lifted earnings estimates for fiscal 2013 and 2014 by 1%.
Shares of Disney have risen 33% so far in 2012.
Groupon (GRPN), the online deals company, is forecast by analysts Thursday to post a profit of 3 cents a share in the third quarter on revenue of $590.1 million. 5 Unusual Volume Spikes to Trade
Also reporting earnings Thursday are Dean Foods (DF), Kohl's (KSS), Scotts Miracle-Gro (SMG), Wendy's (WEN), Lions Gate Entertainment (LGF), Nordstrom (JWN) and Nvidia (NVDA).
Activision Blizzard (ATVI) on Wednesday topped Wall Street's profit view on the strength of its latest "World of Warcraft" release, "The Mists of Pandaria" and its "Skylanders" franchise.
Qualcomm (QCOM), the chipmaker, easily beat Wall Street's consensus profit view on Wednesday and forecast non-GAAP earnings of $1.08 to $1.16 a share on revenue ranging from $5.6 billion to $6.1 billion for its fiscal first quarter. Qualcomm Soars on Strong Smartphone Demand
Whole Foods Market (WFM) reported an in-line profit for its fiscal fourth quarter and announced Wednesday it raised its quarterly dividend by 40% to 20 cents a share. Trade 5 Hated Names to Beat the Market
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV