POMEZIA, Italy, Nov. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE: NOC) has been selected by prime contractor Alenia Aermacchi to provide the Attitude Heading Reference System (AHRS) for the Israel Ministry of Defense's M-346 advanced trainer aircraft fleet.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://media.globenewswire.com/noc/.
Northrop Grumman Italia will provide the LISA-200 AHRS for the fighter trainer under a new contract that builds on its five-year experience as a supplier for the M-346 programme."The LISA-200 is ideally suited to meet the rigorous standards set by the M-346, which is one of the world's most modern and advanced jet trainer systems," said Marco Clochiatti, managing director and general manager of Northrop Grumman Italia. "This award builds on prior collaboration with Alenia Aermacchi through programmes such as the Eurofighter and exemplifies Northrop Grumman's navigation leadership in international markets." Based on accurate and reliable fibre-optic gyro technology, the LISA-200 AHRS incorporates advanced features such as a high-speed data refresh rate and output to fulfill the stringent requirements of a fly-by-wire quadruple-redundant control system. Northrop Grumman Italia has delivered more than 4,000 LISA-200 systems worldwide. The twin-turbofan M-346 is a highly advanced lead-in fighter trainer. It offers fully digital flight controls and avionics, along with high angle-of-attack manoeuvering. Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. Please visit www.northropgrumman.com for more information. SOURCE Northrop Grumman Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV