10 Most Annoying Songs of Holiday Radio
1. Burl Ives/Have A Holly Jolly Christmas
Total plays per season: 19,600
That damned didactic stop-motion snowman from Rankin/Bass' Rudolph: The Red Nosed Reindeer just doesn't die. At least Frosty has the common decency to melt away at the end of his song. Not this guy. He'll just make up reasons to talk about silver and gold, tacitly approve of North Pole bullying and glide around on his little snowflake Segway while every other poor schlub has to hire Yukon Cornelius to take them on a Quixotic passage across the North Pole. His repetitive little tune about knocking a couple back and forcibly kissing unsuspecting folks under the mistletoe is even less charming. Were the holiday season a just time, the Burl Ives snowman's holiday present would be a spot right in the middle of a park on some university's Fraternity Row. Let's see how holly and jolly you feel when your self-righteous, judgey behind is being used as a tackling sled or makeshift depository for processed "holiday cheer."
-- Written by Jason Notte in Boston.>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Jason Notte. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/notteham. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV