NICB Says Some Towing Companies Gouging Sandy Victims
Wehrle noted that vehicle owners who do not have towing or storage coverage under their insurance policy may be at risk of having their cars crushed for scrap and still being on the hook for exorbitant fees long after their cars are gone.
For tips to avoid towing fraud, click here.
Anyone with information concerning towing fraud, vehicle theft and insurance fraud can report it anonymously by calling toll-free 1-800-TEL-NICB (1-800-835-6422), texting keyword "fraud" to TIP411 (847411) or by visiting our website at www.nicb.org. Or, iPhone or iPad users can download the NICB Fraud Tips app to make it easy to quickly send a tip and get a response.
About the National Insurance Crime Bureau: headquartered in Des Plaines, Ill., the NICB is the nation's leading not-for-profit organization exclusively dedicated to preventing, detecting and defeating insurance fraud and vehicle theft through data analytics, investigations, training, legislative advocacy and public awareness. The NICB is supported by more than 1,100 property and casualty insurance companies and self-insured organizations. NICB member companies wrote over $319 billion in insurance premiums in 2010, or approximately 80 percent of the nation's property/casualty insurance. That includes more than 94 percent ( $152 billion) of the nation's personal auto insurance. To learn more visit www.nicb.org.https://www.facebook.com/pages/National-Insurance-Crime-Bureau/230621820309256 https://twitter.com/#!/insurancecrime http://www.nicbblog.org/ http://www.youtube.com/user/InsuranceCrime http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=4040012 SOURCE National Insurance Crime Bureau
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV