Although more than 100 Fresenius Medical Care North America (FMCNA) clinics in the mid-Atlantic region were affected by Hurricane Sandy last week, all but one have now resumed operations.
FMCNA, the nation’s leading network of dialysis facilities, is pleased to report that all of its patients and employees are now accounted for and safe, even though many were personally affected by the storm, which caused power outages, widespread flooding and significant property damage.
Patients needing emergency help or information about specific dialysis clinics should call FMCNA’s toll-free Patient Emergency Hotline: 1-800-626-1297.
The Fresenius Medical Care Disaster Response Team – assisted by divisional, technical and regional employees, local governments and community organizations such as the Kidney Community Emergency Response (KCER) Coalition – worked overtime to prepare for and respond to the storm. FMCNA and its partners continue to meet daily to coordinate a variety of critical activities, such as:
- Providing extra treatments to patients at clinics affected by the storm;
- Arranging treatments for patients served by closed clinics, including patients from other dialysis companies;
- Delivering generators, bottled water and warm meals to facilities and employees in need;
- Providing gasoline for employees’ cars and personal generators across New Jersey and New York;
- Supplying motor homes equipped with personal supplies and generators to employees who lost homes or whose homes are not safe to occupy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV