1. New York Community Bancorp
Shares of New York Community Bancorp of Westbury closed at $13.50 Monday, returning 18% year-to-date, following a 30% decline during 2011.
Based on a quarterly payout of 25 cents, the shares have a dividend yield of 7.41%.
The shares trade for 1.9 times tangible book value, and for 13 times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of $1.03.
New York Community Bancorp reported third-quarter earnings of $128.8 million, or 29 cents a share, declining from $131.2 million, or 30 cents a share, in the second quarter, but increasing from $119.8 million, or 27 cents a share, in the third quarter of 2011.The company's third-quarter net interest income declined to $285.0 million, from $296.7 million in the second quarter, and $295.0 million in the third quarter of last year, while the net interest margin narrowed to 3.17% in the third quarter, from 3.30% the previous quarter, and 3.33% a year earlier. New York Community Bancorp also said in its earnings release that "although loan production rose as the low level of market interest rates prompted a rise in refinancing activity, the replenishment of the loan portfolio occurred at lower yields," and that "the impact was somewhat tempered by the high level of prepayment penalty income from multi-family and
Interested in more on New York Community Bancorp? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Email. Follow @PhilipvanDoorn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV