- Net loss for the 2012 third quarter decreased compared with the linked quarter primarily due to a lower provision for loan losses and lower non-interest expense, as well as higher gains on investment security sales, which helped offset a decrease in net interest income. The quarterly net loss increased compared with the year-earlier quarter primarily due to lower net interest income and a lesser amount of gains from investment security sales, partially offset by lower provision for loan losses and non-interest expense.
- Non-performing assets decreased 16.2% to $34.2 million, or 4.35% of total assets, at September 30, 2012, from $40.8 million on a linked-quarter basis at June 30, 2012, and 34.7% from $52.4 million at December 31, 2011.
- Annualized net charge-offs to average loans decreased to 2.43% for the third quarter of 2012 from 3.69% in the second quarter of 2012, but increased from 1.99% for the year-earlier third quarter.
- Total assets were $784.8 million at September 30, 2012, compared with $789.0 million and $792.4 million at December 31, 2011, and September 30, 2011, respectively, as the Company has continued to manage asset size consistent with its overall capital management strategy.
- In July 2012, the Company modified its agreement with one of the counterparties to its reverse repurchase agreement debt. The changes to the agreement significantly reduced the Company's exposure to the risk of loss by removing the counterparty's option to terminate the debt at market value in the event the Bank becomes less than adequately capitalized, or as occurred in August 2012, enters into a consent order with the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (the "OCC").
Atlantic Coast Financial Corporation Reports Third Quarter 2012 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.