The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE: TRV) today announced that the company will donate $800,000 to disaster relief efforts in the New York tri-state area in the aftermath of Storm Sandy.
Travelers will contribute $200,000 to each of the following organizations: the Mayor's Fund to Advance New York City, American Red Cross on Long Island, Hurricane Sandy New Jersey Relief Fund and the American Red Cross of Connecticut.
“In keeping with Travelers’ tradition of supporting communities in times of need, we will make contributions to provide emergency services for victims of the storm,” said Jay Fishman, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Travelers. “Our hearts go out to the millions of Americans impacted by this weather event, and we will continue to do our part to help people get through this difficult time.”
In response to the storm, Travelers has more than 5,000 employees actively engaged in person or by phone to help customers and agents. Additionally, the company has five Mobile Claim Offices positioned in affected areas.“We are committed to reaching impacted customers and helping them to begin the recovery process as quickly as possible,” said Bob Brody, Executive Vice President of Claim Services at Travelers. “From beginning to end of the claim process, we stand ready to help provide resources and information during this challenging period.” Travelers’ customers are encouraged to visit the emergency response and storm recovery sections of travelers.com for more information and to file a claim. About TravelersThe Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE: TRV) is a leading provider of property casualty insurance for auto, home and business. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, Travelers has more than 30,000 employees and generated revenues of approximately $25 billion in 2011. For more information, visit www.travelers.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV