To help those affected by the storm get back on their feet and driving safely, The Pep Boys – Manny, Moe & Jack (NYSE: PBY) announced today that it will offer free automotive services to those in the storm-affected areas of the Northeast U.S.
Pep Boys recognizes the importance of helping motorists ensure their vehicles are safe to drive after the storm. Due to the debris on the roads, many may have experienced tire damage. Pep Boys will fix flat tires free of charge. As motorists may be concerned about other possible damage to their vehicles as a result of the storm, Pep Boys is also offering a free preventative maintenance and safety inspection to identify any issues.
The free preventative maintenance and safety inspection includes:
- Check tire condition and tread depth
- Check and set tire pressure to manufacturer specification
- Tire rotation
- Brake system inspection
- Check bulbs, wipers and air filter
- Check fluid levels
- Visual undercar inspection
- Visual inspection of belts and hoses
“Pep Boys is an East Coast company, and we have seen firsthand the devastation Sandy has left in its wake,” said Mike Odell, President and Chief Executive Officer. “Our hearts go out to everyone affected by the storm. Our stores and associates remain committed to helping people drive safely and we offer these services as a way to assist people in these communities to get back on their feet during these difficult days.”Pep Boys wants these services to be easily accessible to those affected by the disaster. No applications, coupons or codes are needed; the free services will be applied automatically at check-out. The services will be offered from Nov. 2, 2012 through Nov. 21, 2012 in stores covering all of New Jersey, New York, Eastern Pennsylvania and Northern Delaware. A full list of participating stores and additional information will be available at http://www.pepboys.com/hurricane-sandy-disaster-relief-efforts. Pep Boys stores will also open their doors to anyone who just needs to warm up or use free WiFi as another gesture to help the Northeast communities.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV