NEW YORK, Nov. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Alleghany Corporation (NYSE: Y) today reported its 2012 third quarter results. A complete, full-text news release for Alleghany's 2012 third quarter results is available on Alleghany's website at www.alleghany.com and is also contained in a Current Report on Form 8-K that has been filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC") and is available on the SEC's website at www.sec.gov.
About Alleghany CorporationAlleghany Corporation (NYSE: Y) creates stockholder value through the ownership and management of operating subsidiaries and investments, anchored by a core position in property and casualty reinsurance and insurance. Alleghany's property and casualty subsidiaries include: Transatlantic Holdings, Inc., a leading global reinsurance organization headquartered in New York; RSUI Group, Inc., a national underwriter of specialty property and liability insurance coverages; Capitol Transamerica Corporation, an underwriter of specialty property, casualty and surety insurance coverages; and Pacific Compensation Corporation, an underwriter of workers' compensation insurance primarily in California.
SOURCE Alleghany Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV