Higher One Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ONE) (“Higher One”) today announced financial results for the third quarter of 2012. The company reported revenue of $51.2 million, up 6% from $48.1 million in the third quarter of 2011. The year-over-year revenue growth was primarily attributable to an increase in the number of higher education institutions that have contracted for its services and the inclusion of recently acquired Campus Labs in the results.
“We continue to show revenue growth and stable sales despite continued pressure on enrollment and a difficult operating environment,” said Mark Volchek, Chief Executive Officer. “We continued to diversify our business, and we’ve made changes to the OneAccount suite that should help drive customer engagement and retention in the long-run. I believe our account offerings provide some of the best values on the market, and we allow students to choose the account type that works best for them. Although some headwinds are putting pressure on results in the near-term, I’m confident that we are making the right decisions to position the business for sustainable, long-term value creation.”
Higher One also reported GAAP net income of $7.3 million, and non-GAAP adjusted net income, which excludes certain non-recurring or non-cash items, of $9.3 million. GAAP diluted EPS was $0.13 in the quarter. Non-GAAP adjusted diluted EPS was $0.16. In the third quarter of 2012, non-GAAP adjusted EBITDA was $16.7 million.
The number of OneAccounts at the end of the third quarter of 2012 totaled 2.1 million, up 3% from 2.0 million at the end of the third quarter of 2011. The number of OneAccounts grew 10% on a sequential basis, up from 1.9 million at the end of the second quarter of 2012. A change in the protocols of closing low-balance, inactive accounts that was implemented in the second quarter of 2012 has had a negative impact on the year-over-year growth in number of OneAccounts.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV