CHERRY HILL, N.J. and PORTLAND, Maine, Nov. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The TD Charitable Foundation, the charitable giving arm of TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank ®, will donate a total of $537,500 in grants to food pantries from Maine to Florida to help meet the increasing need for food in local communities.
According to Feeding America, one in six people in the United States is food insecure. In the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, some areas along the eastern seaboard may experience significant food shortages, accelerating TD's planned donations.
"Food pantries do a tremendous job providing meals for people in need throughout the year, and the demand for food will be even greater in the coming weeks," said Elizabeth K. Warn, President of the TD Charitable Foundation. "We are pleased to be able to support food pantries across our footprint, especially during this time of year when the demand for food is greater."
The following food pantries, listed by state, will receive grants:
- Connecticut: Foodshare, Inc. of Hartford County
- Delaware: Food Bank of Delaware, Inc. - Kent, New Castle and Sussex Counties
- Florida: Feeding South Florida, Inc. and Salvation Army of Broward County
- Maine: Preble Street - Cumberland and York Counties
- Maryland: Maryland Food Bank, Inc. - City of Baltimore
- Massachusetts: The Greater Boston Food Bank, Inc. and the Food Bank of Western Massachusetts, Inc.
- New Hampshire: New Hampshire Food Bank - Hillsborough County
- New Jersey: Community Food Bank of New Jersey, Inc. - Southern Branch; Jewish Family and Children's Service of Greater Monmouth County; and St. Paul's Community Development Corporation - Paterson
- New York: Food Bank of the Hudson Valley and Salvation Army - Eastern Territory (West Nyack)
- North Carolina: Manna Food Bank, Inc. - Asheville
- Pennsylvania: Community Action Committee of the Lehigh Valley, Inc.
- Rhode Island: Rhode Island Community Food Bank Association - Kent and Providence Counties
- South Carolina: Harvest Hope Food Bank - Columbia
- Vermont: Vermont Food Bank - Chittenden County
- Virginia: Food for Others, Inc. - Arlington, Fairfax and Loudoun Counties
- Washington, DC: Capital Area Food Bank
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV