CHERRY HILL, N.J. and PORTLAND, Maine, Nov. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The TD Charitable Foundation, the charitable giving arm of TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank ®, will donate a total of $537,500 in grants to food pantries from Maine to Florida to help meet the increasing need for food in local communities.
According to Feeding America, one in six people in the United States is food insecure. In the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, some areas along the eastern seaboard may experience significant food shortages, accelerating TD's planned donations.
"Food pantries do a tremendous job providing meals for people in need throughout the year, and the demand for food will be even greater in the coming weeks," said Elizabeth K. Warn, President of the TD Charitable Foundation. "We are pleased to be able to support food pantries across our footprint, especially during this time of year when the demand for food is greater."
The following food pantries, listed by state, will receive grants:
- Connecticut: Foodshare, Inc. of Hartford County
- Delaware: Food Bank of Delaware, Inc. - Kent, New Castle and Sussex Counties
- Florida: Feeding South Florida, Inc. and Salvation Army of Broward County
- Maine: Preble Street - Cumberland and York Counties
- Maryland: Maryland Food Bank, Inc. - City of Baltimore
- Massachusetts: The Greater Boston Food Bank, Inc. and the Food Bank of Western Massachusetts, Inc.
- New Hampshire: New Hampshire Food Bank - Hillsborough County
- New Jersey: Community Food Bank of New Jersey, Inc. - Southern Branch; Jewish Family and Children's Service of Greater Monmouth County; and St. Paul's Community Development Corporation - Paterson
- New York: Food Bank of the Hudson Valley and Salvation Army - Eastern Territory (West Nyack)
- North Carolina: Manna Food Bank, Inc. - Asheville
- Pennsylvania: Community Action Committee of the Lehigh Valley, Inc.
- Rhode Island: Rhode Island Community Food Bank Association - Kent and Providence Counties
- South Carolina: Harvest Hope Food Bank - Columbia
- Vermont: Vermont Food Bank - Chittenden County
- Virginia: Food for Others, Inc. - Arlington, Fairfax and Loudoun Counties
- Washington, DC: Capital Area Food Bank
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts