Romney Voted in by Small-Business Owners
Parks worries that if Romney is voted in, new policies will disrupt progress made under Obama. Metropolitan Protective Services, a private security business, has about 160 employees.
"At this point, [Obama has] been able to apply the brake, but the train is still moving. It's slowing down and coming to a stop and now we're slowly starting to reverse some of the trends. In a few more years we will actually start to feel the effects," he adds.
Greg Jones, CEO of Bookkeeping Express and owner of three Five Guys Burgers & Fries franchises in Florida, says no matter who wins, the uncertainty that has surrounded the markets and economy this year will subside, helping business owners prepare better for the years ahead.
Jones is a supporter of Romney."If Romney gets the win, banks are going to put money on the street. Tax cuts to small business will be a priority. Now, if Obama wins, I think there is going to be a negative reaction from the small-business community. There will be more tightening, less expansion and less opportunity for that business owner's business to continue to grow," Jones says. Jones says more small businesses would fail as a result of the re-election of Obama. "It's a less-friendly environment," he says. -- Written by Laurie Kulikowski in New York. Follow @LKulikowski To contact Laurie Kulikowski, send an email to: Laurie.Kulikowski@thestreet.com. >To submit a news tip, email: email@example.com.
Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV