Romney Voted in by Small-Business Owners
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Whether he's elected or not, Mitt Romney has the support of small businesses across the U.S.
TheStreet spoke to business owners in a variety of industries and locations. The unofficial survey results show American business owners trust Romney to lower their costs, especially health care, and to get banks lending again. President Barack Obama, they say, has done little to help them over the past four years.
Devastation in New York and New Jersey, as a result of Hurricane Sandy, has reinforced Dr. Leon Popovitz's decision to vote for Romney.
"These are conditions reminiscent of the 1970s Jimmy Carter-era with the gas lines and rationing," says Popovitz, the owner of orthopedic-surgery center NY Bone & Joint in Manhattan. "If the Obama administration continues its metamorphosis of the United States then it may, eventually, turn it into George Orwell's 1984 (but only a few decades later)."With 25 employees, "I expect that Mr. Romney would affect my business in a positive way that promotes me to try and grow my business. I expect there will be incentives, again, to succeed instead of rewards for complacency," he says. "Today, nearly all small businesses are holding their breath hoping the present conditions do not continue." Cindy Hester, a franchisee owner in Sandy Spring, Ga., of Mr. Transmission (one of the companies under Moran Family of Brands), says she's also frustrated with the economy and wants a change. "Romney's business experience and just his vast
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV