Spain PM: Economic Growth In 2014, No Bailout Yet
MADRID (AP) â¿¿ Spain's prime minister says his country won't experience economic growth until 2014 and that he has no immediate plans to ask for a bailout that could trigger purchases of Spanish bonds by the European Central Bank.
Mariano Rajoy said in a radio interview Tuesday that Spain's economy will continue to contract next year but that it should turn the corner in 2014. The country is currently mired in a double-dip recession and an unemployment rate of 25 percent.
Rajoy told the Cope radio station he still hasn't decided on whether Spain will ask for help from the 17-nation eurozone and the European Central Bank to bring down the country's high borrowing costs on its debt. However he added that he hasn't ruled out a request.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV