Aetna (NYSE: AET) announced today that it has signed an agreement with Miami’s Broward Health System, adding its hospitals and physicians to the company’s network for Medicare Advantage members. Broward already is part of Aetna’s network for commercial plan members.
Under the agreement, members of Aetna’s Medicare Advantage plans can receive covered services, at in-network rates, from Broward Health’s four hospitals in South Florida and from any of the system’s 118 employed physicians.
“Aetna is delighted to welcome the Broward Health hospitals and doctors to our Medicare Advantage network,” said David Weisman, Aetna’s senior network manager for South Florida. “We’ve enjoyed an excellent relationship with Broward as part of our commercial network. We’re pleased that Aetna’s Medicare Advantage members will have in-network access to Broward Health hospitals and doctors as well.”
Aetna provides health benefits to more than 1 million members in Florida. Those members have access to a contracted network of 209 hospitals and more than 28,000 primary care and specialist physicians.About Aetna Aetna is one of the nation's leading diversified health care benefits companies, serving approximately 37.3 million people with information and resources to help them make better informed decisions about their health care. Aetna offers a broad range of traditional, voluntary and consumer-directed health insurance products and related services, including medical, pharmacy, dental, behavioral health, group life and disability plans, and medical management capabilities, Medicaid health care management services and health information technology services. Our customers include employer groups, individuals, college students, part-time and hourly workers, health plans, health care providers, governmental units, government-sponsored plans, labor groups and expatriates. For more information, see www.aetna.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV