FedEx Corporation Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (FDX)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 4.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Although FDX's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.16 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. To add to this, FDX has a quick ratio of 1.56, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $903.00 million or 5.00% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -26.72%.
- FEDEX CORP reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, FEDEX CORP increased its bottom line by earning $6.41 versus $4.57 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.43 versus $6.41).
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff. FREE for a limited time only: Get TheStreet Ratings #1 Stock Report NOW!
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.