Global health service company Cigna (NYSE:CI) is extending a number of temporary policy changes to assist people in New Jersey and New York impacted by Hurricane Sandy. These temporary policy changes, originally scheduled to expire on Sunday, Nov. 4, have been extended to run through Sunday, Nov. 11.
Retroactive to Monday, October 29, for services incurred from that date through Sunday, November 11, 2012, Cigna is:
- Allowing its New Jersey and New York customers to refill prescriptions even if it would normally be too soon for a refill
- Waiving all pre-certification, referral and hospital admission requirements
- Paying claims for out-of-network services at in-network rates
- Expanding its 24x7 telephone help line to provide personal assistance and support for all residents affected by the hurricane. Phone lines are staffed with qualified clinicians who are available to speak with people about how to cope with loss, anxiety, stress or other issues resulting from the hurricane. The help line can be reached at 866-912-1687. Cigna also has an online resource center with additional information about disaster resources at http://apps.cignabehavioral.com/web/basicsite/consumer/consumer.jsp.
“Cigna remains committed to helping people get the best possible health care and stay on their medications through the aftermath of this disaster,” said Susan Gaca, Cigna's chief nursing officer and director of emergency response. “We believe that extending these temporary policy changes through November 11 will make a big difference to many people in New Jersey and New York, two of the states affected most by Hurricane Sandy.”
Additionally, Cigna and its employees have already committed more than $110,000 to the American Red Cross to address Hurricane Sandy relief efforts, including an immediate $50,000 Cigna Foundation grant and a 1:1 special match of employee gifts. As of Nov. 6, employee donations totaled more than $31,000.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV