Bernard Koff Named Winner Of SAE 2012 Cliff Garrett Award
WARRENDALE, Pa., Nov. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Bernard L. Koff, a pioneer in the gas turbine industry whose leadership produced a host of innovative breakthroughs in design and development, has been named the winner of the SAE 2012 Cliff Garrett Award. He received the award at the SAE 2012 Power Systems Conference.
Koff is a former executive vice president of engineering and technology at Pratt & Whitney, where his contributions impacted the design and development of more than half of the jet engines flying. His patents and highly regarded technical papers cover the entire spectrum of jet engine design and manufacturing technology.
Koff, who also worked at General Electric, has been the recipient of some of the highest honors in the industry. This includes the ASME/AIAA/SAE Daniel Guggenheim Medal; the Air Force Association Theodore von Karman Award; AIAA Reed Aeronautics Award, that organization's highest award; AIAA Air Breathing Propulsion Award; AIAA Engineer of the Year; AIAA & SAE Littlewood Lecture Award; ASME Tom Sawyer Award; SAE Franklin Kolk Award, GE Perry Egbert Award; and the P&W George Mead Medal.
He also was awarded positions of Fellow and Honorary Member of the ASME, Fellow of both the AIAA and SAE International, and is member of the National Academy of Engineering.A 1951 graduate of Clarkson University, where he earned a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, Koff also earned a master's degree in mechanical engineering from New York University in 1958. Clarkson bestowed an honorary doctorate of science degree and presented him with a Golden Knight Award as a Most Distinguished Alumni. Koff works as a consulting engineer in the gas turbine design industry and recently published several papers on gas turbine design and development.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV