Invest accordingly. Take objective information, put your spin on it and make rational decisions.
Don't let it turn you into one of these Dittos, Rush or Gary Johnson for President wackos. Because no matter how the hysteria shakes itself out, there will always be investment opportunities to capitalize on for strong investors who do their homework.
Democrat or Republican policy will hardly impact massive transformations in our digital world.
Do you really think anything Obama or Romney does will slow down the exponential growth in mobile advertising we'll see this decade?I doubt the people with their heads down at companies such as Facebook (FB), Pandora (P) and Twitter give much thought to who's in the White House vis-a-vis the work they're getting done. It's not like corporate tax rates will save Intel (INTC) from killing itself. While election cycles and petty politics might cause a hop, skip and jump here or there in the day-to-day of the stock market, they should be nothing more than another piece of objective information for serious long-term investors. At the time of publication, Rocco Pendola was long FB and P. Follow @rocco_thestreet This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV