Zillow said it expects revenue of $30 million to $31 million in the December-ended period. The current average estimate of analysts polled by Thomson Reuters is for revenue of $32.5 million in the December-ended period.
For the third quarter, Zillow posted a profit of $2.3 million, or 7 cents a share, on revenue of $31.9 million, an increase of 67% from last year's equivalent quarter. The average analysts' view was for earnings of 7 cents a share on revenue of $31.7 million.
AOL (AOL) shares zoomed up 13.32% to $40.58 after the online content provider reported stronger-than-anticipated results for the third quarter.The company said it earned 22 cents a share on revenue of $531.7 million for the three months ended in September, ahead of Wall Street's consensus view for a profit of 17 cents a share on revenue of $521.6 million. A highlight for AOL was strong revenue from advertising, which saw a 7% year-over-year boost to $340 million.
Intel (INTC) shares dipped slightly, recouping the majority fo early losses, following report that Apple (AAPL) may move on from Intel chips in its Mac line of computers. Apple reportedly is looking at ways to incorporate its own chips into its line of Mac computers, which are based on intellectual property from ARM Holdings (ARMH). Apple already uses its own chips in its iOS devices, including the iPhone and iPad. Intel shares were down 2 cents at $21.82, after sinking as low as $21.63 earlier in the session. Interested in more on Apple? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. -- Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV