- Camp Fire Lone Star was awarded a $25,000 Sprint Foundation grant for its Kids Club Youth Development Program. This funding will be used to support Kids Club, a free after-school and summer youth-development program for 1,000 low-income, at-risk elementary school children. Kids Club provides academic enrichment in reading and math, daily homework assistance, tutoring, and an array of educational programs.
- REAL School Gardens was awarded a $15,000 Sprint Foundation grant to further its mission of growing successful students in learning gardens. This funding will be used to establish an outdoor classroom benefitting more than 550 elementary students. The garden will include organic vegetables; native Texas plants to host birds, butterflies and small wildlife; and composting and rainwater-catchment systems. Students will track weather patterns, explore the life cycle of insects, and learn about geological processes.
- YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas was awarded a $10,000 Sprint Foundation grant to support more than 1,800 economically disadvantaged students who annually participate in the Camp Grady Spruce Outdoor Education Program. This camp offers a unique outdoor experience that brings youth into nature and reinforces environmental-education curriculums taught in classrooms. Students’ activities include archery, hiking, canoeing, and gathering soil and aquatic samples to gain new skills in the areas of science and environmental stewardship.
Sprint Supports Dallas/Fort Worth With $50,000 In Grants To Camp Fire USA Lone Star Council, REAL School Gardens And YMCA Of Metropolitan Dallas
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts