2. As of noon trading, Sempra Energy ( SRE) is up $0.76 (1.1%) to $69.00 on average volume Thus far, 620,106 shares of Sempra Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.1 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $68.11-$69.86 after having opened the day at $68.45 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $68.24. Sempra Energy operates as an energy services holding company worldwide. The company operates utilities, develops new energy infrastructure, and provides energy-related services to approximately 31 million consumers worldwide. Sempra Energy has a market cap of $16.7 billion and is part of the utilities industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 27.2, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 25.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Sempra Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Sempra Energy as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, good cash flow from operations and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Sempra Energy Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts