4. As of noon trading, Calpine ( CPN) is up $0.37 (2.1%) to $17.98 on average volume Thus far, 2.5 million shares of Calpine exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $17.34-$18.01 after having opened the day at $17.86 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $17.61. Calpine Corporation, an independent wholesale power generation company, owns and operates natural gas-fired and geothermal power plants in North America. It operates natural gas-fired combustion turbines and renewable geothermal conventional steam turbines, as well as cogeneration power plants. Calpine has a market cap of $8.2 billion and is part of the utilities industry. The company has a P/E ratio of -50.4, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 8.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Calpine a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Calpine as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its unimpressive growth in net income, generally high debt management risk, weak operating cash flow and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Get the full Calpine Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts