1. As of noon trading, Siemens ( SI) is up $1.20 (1.2%) to $102.89 on light volume Thus far, 90,297 shares of Siemens exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 530,800 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $102.05-$103.00 after having opened the day at $102.12 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $101.69. Siemens Aktiengesellschaft, an electronics and electrical engineering company, operates in the industry, energy, healthcare, and infrastructure and cities sectors worldwide. Siemens has a market cap of $89.5 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 32.1, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 6.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Siemens a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Siemens as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and attractive valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow. Get the full Siemens Ratings Report now. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the telecommunications industry could consider iShares Dow Jones US Telecom ( IYZ) while those bearish on the telecommunications industry could consider ProShares Ult Sht Telecommunication ( TLL). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts